Important COVID-19 health advice - visit the government info website here : https://covid19.govt.nz/
If you think you or your whānau have COVID-19 symptoms:
- If it’s a medical emergency – call 111.
- A medical emergency includes ; chest pain or tightness, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding or bleeding that won’t stop, sudden weakness or difficulty talking, fainting or unconsciousness.
- Call Healthline free on 0800 358 5453 if you have been overseas within the past 14 days and are unwell.
- Call (not visit) your family doctor – for advice or information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (care around the clock).
- If you are advised to come to the 24 Hour Surgery please stay in your car on arrival and call our reception on 365 7777. We will take your information and come to you.
If you are unwell with an illness or injury and have not been overseas or in contact with a suspect or known COVID case:
- Call your family doctor – for advice or information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (care around the clock).
Call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 - available 24 hours per day/7 days a week
- if you don’t have a family doctor
- if you’re feeling unwell but you’re not sure if you need to see a doctor
- for advice about what’s happening for you and next steps
- if you want some advice about a family member or a friend who’s sick (if you are with them)
If you want advice on finding services near you - you can also check healthpoint.co.nz.
If you are advised to come to the 24 Hour Surgery please come in to reception.
Please use the hand sanitiser at the door and if you have respiratory symptoms please put on a mask.
We’re open 24 hours a day, every
day for you and your family when your own doctor is not available.
We provide urgent medical and accident care and are nominated by over 320 General Practitioners in Christchurch as the preferred provider of after hours care for their patients.
As we are an Urgent Care Clinic and do not have enrolled patients, we strongly recommend that you do enrol with a General Practice and utilise our services only when your GP is not available. Being enrolled with a GP provides you with numerous benefits including continuity of care, better access to health services and reduced fees. To find a GP in your area, please use the Locate a Pegasus Health GP tool on the Pegasus Health website.
- Urgent Care
You can see us for any urgent medical issue that you would otherwise see your GP for, as well as accident related injuries such as sprains, cuts or broken bones.
- Fracture Service
We have a specialised fracture service and encourage you to see us if you think you have broken a bone, instead of going to hospital.